COMMERCIAL TITLE OFFICER
WFG National Title Company of WA
The Position in a Nutshell:
WFG National Title Company is seeking an experienced Commercial Title Officer for the Greater Seattle area. This position will produce preliminary title reports, commitments and/or pro-forma title policies. The primary focus will be on commercial transactions, showing all appropriate liens and encumbrances and how title is vested. This position will also field questions from escrow personnel, title personnel, and clients about vesting matters, liens, encumbrances, and other matters that affect title. In addition, this position will make risk decisions on the insurability of title and will advise others of underwriting practices and provide interpretation of the Washington Rating Manual.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research title records to examine commercial title properties and write title reports, policies, endorsements, and pro-forma policies
- Make underwriting decisions on title matters and determine the insurability of title, minimizing the risk exposure of potential losses
- Assist escrow, lenders, attorneys, and clients in clearing title
- Work with underwriting and in-house counsel on extra hazardous risk files
- Review surveys and do inspections as needed
- Assess the effect of court matters such as bankruptcies, divorces, judgments, foreclosure actions, and other legal matters
- Determine proper pricing for commitments, endorsements, policies and guarantees using the appropriate fee schedules
- Respond to title objection letters
- Provide technical expertise to commercial escrow closers
- Update title reports as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years title examiner/title officer experience
- Knowledge of title practices and real estate law
- Proficient knowledge of the Washington rating manual
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Preferably experienced in the following computer programs: OJIN, PACER, TitlePoint, WORD, and other software related to title searching
- Ability to draft legal descriptions
- Strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex issues with customers and escrow
How to Apply
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with WFG. WFG provides an outstanding total compensation package to eligible employee’s including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
To apply please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com
WFG is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
We encourage people to help each other and there are internal processes that make that possible. Our leadership team has instilled these values from the get go.”-Marta Drobyn
VP Escrow Operations | LPO