Williston Enterprise Solutions & Technology
Irvine, CA or Portland, OR
The Position in a Nutshell:
WEST, a subsidiary of Williston Financial Group, is a rapidly growing innovator in the real estate financial services space. We build, deploy and troubleshoot constantly in pursuit of delivering business value as fast as possible, while operating in a regulated financial services environment. We offer an intellectually challenging work environment, our stack is .NET based. You can be located in either Portland, OR or in the Orange County, CA metro areas. We are looking for that special person who can blend their expertise of technology with a passion for delivering business value, in a rapidly changing environment that is a mix of off-the-shelf software deployments and custom apps delivered by an agile team. To succeed in this position, you need to have the itch to dive deep into the application environment, and understand how things work in a detailed way. Previous experience with development, system administration, configuration and deployments are your greatest assets, as well as your ability to explain technical issues to non-technical audiences. You are not constrained by the operational silos and can reach across the divide with comfort. Your understanding of the health of the environment has to be driven by data: whether it be from logs, telemetry or verified user reports. You need to have a desire to provide excellent customer service by understanding the business that our users are engaged in and helping them succeed, like a business.
What We Expect You to Have:
- Be smart, be opinionated, and make good decisions. We’re hiring talented individuals who can contribute expertise to a talented technical team.
- 3+ years of software development experience within the .NET world (C#).
- Demonstrated “DevOps” experience in a highly transactional environment. You’ve learned from past mistakes and put your skills to use in the real world.
- Extensive experience with VMWare virtualization, Azure DevOps, Windows, MS SQL, automation tools expertise or similar technologies. You’re experienced across a wide range of Dev Ops tools and environments.
- Team player mindset. You know how to get things done but you play nice with others.
- Know how to work across team lines. This is a multi-disciplinary / multi-location team.
- A “troubleshooter”. You may not know the answer straight out but you’ll dig until you find it.
- Uptime and performance are king. Your solutions work and you’re passionate about them.
- Fun and a sense of humor. We all love our jobs and enjoy who we work with. We’re driving new technology solutions in a fast-moving company and we’re having fun getting there.
Truly “Awesome” If You Have:
- Large company experience supporting continuous build and deploy environments.
- ITIL exposure for release management and troubleshooting.
- Big company experience with a small company mindset (standards matter but get it done fast)
- Any F5, Cisco, Nimble, MS SQL, or Palo Alto experience
- Previous work with an offshore software development team, Scrum methodology, and continuous deployment model
What We’ll Provide:
- A fun, collaborative, culture to work and play in.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Work life balance – get the job done, you figure out how
- Half Caff…Full Caff…No Caff…we’ve got you covered.
- Cutting edge technology that will keep you challenged
- Training, conferences, and plenty of opportunity to learn the newest tech.
How to Apply
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with WEST. WEST provides an outstanding total compensation package to eligible employee’s including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
WEST is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
We encourage people to help each other and there are internal processes that make that possible. Our leadership team has instilled these values from the get go.”-Marta Drobyn
VP Escrow Operations | LPO