SENIOR RESIDENTIAL TITLE OFFICER
WFG National Title Company of Washington
Pierce County, WA
The Position in a Nutshell:
WFG National Title Company of Washington (WFG) is seeking an experienced Residential Title Officer for the Pierce County area. This position will produce preliminary title reports, commitments and/or pro-forma title policies. The primary focus will be on residential transactions, showing all appropriate liens and encumbrances and how title is vested. This position will also field questions from escrow personnel, title personnel, and clients about vesting matters, liens, encumbrances, and other matters that affect title. In addition, this position will make risk decisions on the insurability of title and will advise others of underwriting practices and provide interpretation of the Washington Rating Manual.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and review company database and other available resources to identify title information affecting specific properties in the State of Washington
- Make underwriting decisions on title matters and determine the insurability of title, minimizing the risk exposure of potential losses
- Resolve most issues such as missing information, incomplete, inaccurate or contradictory information contained in the title documentation
- Work to resolve curative title issues to prepare for closing
- Work with underwriting and in-house counsel on extra hazardous risk files
- Review surveys and order inspections as needed
- Review real property documentation involved to coordinate issuance of title insurance coverage
- Assess the effect of court matters such as bankruptcies, divorces, judgments, foreclosure actions, and other legal matters
- Determine proper pricing for commitments, endorsements, policies and guarantees using the appropriate fee schedules
- Update title reports as needed
- Prepare real property title reports to facilitate processing of real estate sales and mortgage loan transactions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school Diploma or GED required
- 3 years minimum experience in Residential Re-Sale and Refinance underwriting in the State of Washington required
- Remote and in office coverage is possible
- Prior title examination skills are necessary to fulfill this position
- Knowledge of title process, escrow process and company policies/procedures
- Must have strong organizational skills, the ability to meet continuous deadlines and organize/prioritize workflow
- Technically proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office applications (especially Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point) and other computer applications
- Attention to detail and commitment confidentiality
- Knowledge of title practices and real estate law
- Proficient knowledge of the Washington rating manual
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to draft legal descriptions
- Strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex issues with customers and escrow
How to Apply
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with WFG. WFG provides an outstanding total compensation package to eligible employee’s including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
To apply please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com
WFG is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
We encourage people to help each other and there are internal processes that make that possible. Our leadership team has instilled these values from the get go.”-Marta Drobyn
VP Escrow Operations | LPO