Williston Enterprise Solutions & Technology
The Position in a Nutshell:
Williston Enterprise Solutions & Technology (west) is seeking an individual to fill our open Systems Engineer position. The Systems Engineer contributes to west’ success by designing and maintaining IT systems in order to keep critical business applications highly available and performing as efficiently as possible. Duties include analyzing requirements for solving complex business problems and executing detailed implementation plans. This position will also Install, test, implement, and supports systems from the physical, virtual and application layers. Other responsibilities would include diagnosing and resolving various multi-faceted issues regarding system configuration, hardware and software installations, troubleshooting errors and following through on correcting problems.
- Primary and secondary datacenter physical and VMware vSphere-based virtual infrastructure
- Microsoft Windows Server including 2008, 2012 and 2016
- Microsoft technologies AD, Exchange, IIS, RDP, SCCM, File Services
- SAN Storage
- Linux Server OS distros including RHE, CentOS, Ubuntu
- Open-sourced apps including Apache, WordPress, MySQL, MariaDB, GitLab, Ansible, Docker
- Collaborate with Dev teams to deploy releases to production, update apps, patch systems
- Monitor system operations through SolarWinds, Zabbix, Nagios, Cacti or similar applications
- Design and document critical systems operations processes
- Provide Top level support from tickets escalated from Systems Administrators or Desktop Support Team
- 5+ years Information Technology experience in Systems Engineering
- Expert level knowledge and experience with Linux Server, VMware vSphere, Scripting (Bash, Perl, PowerShell or similar scripting) technologies
- Experience with application containerization including Docker
- Experience operating a multi-site 24×7 production systems environment
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to quickly solve complex issues with little or no assistance
- Experience in a mixed Windows/Linux environment and Windows Server Administration
- Database Experience including SQL, MySQL, MariaDB
- Experience supporting financial services applications and systems
- Experience with F5, Cisco, Palo Alto, or similar network equipment
How to Apply
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with WEST. WEST provides an outstanding total compensation package to eligible employee’s including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
To apply please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com
WEST is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
We encourage people to help each other and there are internal processes that make that possible. Our leadership team has instilled these values from the get go.”-Marta Drobyn
VP Escrow Operations | LPO